First Year Wedding Anniversary Gifts
The first year of marriage is full of new experiences. You’re finally out of the Newlywed Zone and settled into married life. You and your spouse are enjoying all of the benefits of having a lifelong partner. You’ll want to give something special to celebrate your first wedding anniversary.
Although every wedding anniversary is special, the first anniversary is one of the most celebrated occasions because it marks the success of the start of your marriage and sets the foundation for many more years to come. You’ll want to give a meaningful gift to your spouse to mark the occasion. Here are some fantastic ideas:
- Handwritten Love Letters. The traditional first anniversary gift is paper, so profess your love and tell your story to your spouse with a beautiful journal filled with love letters. From long lists to heartfelt poems, you can can celebrate your relationship in an intimate way. Add an extra special touch by engraving or embossing the journal.
- Monogrammed Stationery. Well-crafted paper and notecards are elegant and timeless. That makes monogrammed stationery a classic choice for the first anniversary gift. You can have your spouse’s initials engraved or stamped onto weighted paper and envelopes. Letterpress stationery is another gift to consider as the letterpress trend is very popular this year.
- Event or Plane Tickets. As a fun take on the traditional paper, why not give your significant other paper tickets to a concert, sports game, or even a destination trip? This is a thoughtful gift that you can easily customize and make as simple or extravagant as you would like.
- Clock. The modern gift for the first anniversary is a clock. If you want to go contemporary, find a special alarm clock, grandfather clock, or cuckoo clock that your spouse will enjoy. Think about desk clocks for work, too. Every time the clock chimes, he or she will think of you!
- Watch. Another gift that is similar to the clock is a nice watch. Designer watches are a great accessory for both men and women and will make the perfect first anniversary present. A special engraving on the make will make the watch all that more meaningful.
- Pearl Jewelry. In addition to the traditional paper and modern clock gifts, there are gemstones that go along with the first anniversary. The pearl is that representative gemstone for this occasion. Necklaces, earrings, and even bracelets make a beautiful gift for the woman in your life. They are a classic staple in any woman’s jewelry collection and go with almost any outfit.
- Carnations. Flowers are a classic wedding anniversary gift, and the first anniversary flower is the carnation. Often overlooked as small and simple, carnations can be quite beautiful when put together in a large bouquet. Carnations come in a variety of colors, so you can customize to your heart’s delight.