The Look of Love: Red Gemstones
Red is the color of love and passion. Red colors and hues have long been coveted in the jewelry and gemstone world. Why not consider making your engagement ring dazzle with shades of love? Whether you’re looking for a pop of color to contrast the sea of cookie cutter diamond engagement rings or the color red holds a special meaning, choosing a red gemstone for your ring might be the perfect choice for you.
- Ruby. Does your significant other dream of Dorothy’s ruby slippers? Perhaps a ruby ring is the perfect choice! Rubies can command the highest per-carat price of any colored stone. This makes ruby one of the most important gems around. Color is the most significant factor affecting a ruby’s value. Fine gems are a pure, vibrant red to slightly purplish red.
- Garnet. As the birthstone for January, the garnet is one of the most common and widespread of gems across the globe. Garnet symbolizes regeneration and sacrifice. It was also a popular gemstone during the Victorian Era.
- Alexandrite. Looking for multiple colors? Try an alexandrite gemstone. This color-changing stone is “nature’s magic trick.” Fine alexandrite is green to bluish-green in daylight and red to purplish-red in incandescent light. This color combo makes it attractive to those who love variety and colors in their gemstones.
- Red Topaz. You may often see topaz in a variety of other colors, including the well-known yellow or blue topaz. However, the red topaz makes for a dazzling choice. This gemstone is also a very versatile material, meaning it can be cut into many shapes and sizes. Red topaz is highly vibrant, but also rare to come by.
- Red Diamond. Dreaming big for your engagement ring? A red diamond is the rarest of all the diamonds. Since red diamonds are so rare, it is nearly impossible to find a true red diamond over 1 carat in the world at a given time. But a girl can dream, right?
While the dramatic red hues pair well with rose gold, it also looks equally stunning with a platinum or silver band. Add even more dazzle by pairing a red stone with diamonds to symbolize commitment and life. Create a custom engagement ring with your perfect red gemstone at Master Jewelers Indiana today.