Diamonds are a popular choice for many reasons. They are brilliantly beautiful and make an undeniable statement with any attire. If you struggle to be unique with your style don’t worry diamonds can still add an unexpected flair.
Here are Five Fun Facts why diamonds are the all-time respected gemstone.
- Diamonds are forever- This statement couldn’t be truer. Diamonds are billions of years old dating back to Roman times. In fact, it was the Romans who believed diamonds came to earth from the tips of Cupid’s arrows. Probably a big reason we associate diamonds with love and romance.
- Brilliant things come from pressure- Diamonds take form underneath the ground. Around 100 feet below, these beautiful gemstones appear on earth through deep volcanic eruptions. They derive by pressure and heat to take their place here on earth’s surface. It is no wonder Diamonds are the most highly respected and valuable gemstone.
- Diamond Strong– Diamonds are the hardest natural substance known. Known for its durability, the only thing to cause a diamond to scratch is another diamond. “Adamas” is Greek for invincible and is where the word diamond comes from. Believed to be so indestructible, diamonds were said to cure illness and protect those who wore them.
- Diamonds come from all over the world. Over time, the main sources of diamonds have changed hands because of rapid sales versus the quantity of diamonds. History dates back to 1400 when the Diamond Indian trade boomed that led to Brazil holding the number one spot. Until later in the 1800s, South Africa discovered a big diamond reserve. In the present time, Diamonds aren’t so secluded and mined all over the world. At Master Jewelers, we strive to purchase ONLY a conflict-free diamonds and source precious metals from environmental-conscious foundries.
- The Bigger the Better- While we see celebrities post their engagement rings or diamond encrusted chains none of that could compare to Cullinan diamond. Cullinan is the largest diamond found with a carat size of 3,106K. Diamond clarity and carats factor heavily into the value of the diamond. Using an experienced jeweler is important when purchasing any gemstone but more so when shopping for loose diamonds.
Visit Master Jewelers Indiana to see our diamond showcase specials. We offer an array of cuts, clarity, carats, and colors. Let us help you pick the perfect diamond for you!
The first month of the new year, January. The celebration of new beginnings and self-improvement. January sets the tone for happiness, health and wealth we hope to see continue throughout the year. Many put their best foot forward hoping to start the year off right. The Garnet gemstone couldn’t be any more suitable for any other month. The gemstone comes in various colors. However, the Red Garnet is most popular and represents the birthdays in January.
A red Garnet has the vivid color of a pomegranate seed. Its usage dates back to BC times and can be found all over the world. The stone comes from a mineral that produces very durable gemstones. Used by Royals and the Rich, Garnet gemstones have remained popular throughout the years.
Legends say Garnet gemstones bring peace, prosperity, and good health. It also symbolizes valued and deep bonded friendship. If you are looking for the perfect gift for a January birthday, you are in luck. Designed custom jewelry with Garnets is a great way to create a one of kind gift.
Know your design
Garnets are used in a variety of settings. Earrings-studs or chandeliers are great for showcasing the Garnets true beauty. Pendant necklaces make a bold statement to any attire.
Typically White Gold and Yellow Gold are ideal for Garnet pieces. The yellow hues and silver tones bring out the vibrant red color of the gemstone. Silver is also an option, but be careful when pairing with metals like Rose Gold. The pink hues may clash with the red of the gemstone, this is where picking the right gemstone is important.
Pick your Shade of Red.
Just like Garnets come in different colors, they are also found in various shades of red. Don’t assume that all Garnets are the same color of red. This is important to your design and the style you are trying to create. The shade of red will complement your design or destroy it. Make sure you do your research and work with a jeweler you can trust.
Master Jewelers has 20-plus years of experience in the jewelry industry. From creating the design to purchasing the right gemstones, our master artisans will provide their expertise every step of the way. Visit us online or come into our Master Jewelers Indianapolis location, and we will help you create a one of kind gift.
New Year- New You – New Jewelry!
With every New Year’s comes new resolutions to kick old bad habits and introduce more self-love. It is a magical time of year that motivates all of us differently but with similar intent. It drives us to gain a better understanding of ourselves and our style of life we will live. This automatically impacts our sense of fashion and jewelry.
Once our attitude changes so does our atmosphere, and that includes our daily style. Getting out of your comfort zone is vital to your growth, and can essentially take your perception in life. Expanding your style to new levels.
Here are a few ideas on how you can revamp your fine jewelry collection just in time for your New Year’s Eve our fit.
Add Color- Everyone can use more color in their life when it comes to their jewelry. Make a vibrant statement by adding more color with different gemstones and metals. Find a gemstone that represents the mantras you are using to send the “new” you into the year. For example, Sapphires symbolize good fortune and sincerity, and Topaz represents peacefulness and love. What energy are you trying to create this New Year?
Go Abstract- Leave the simple pieces at home. If you are used to plain and traditional jewelry now is the time to experiment. Be bold and courageous with your statement. Check out one of our Designers Jewelry, like Eleganza or Bastian Inverun. You can find the right collection that best represents the new you.
Create Something Just For You- What better way to implement self-love than by custom designing your own jewelry. To serve as a reminder of your new start and symbolize your courage to make a change. No matter how simple your change, a beginning is something to be proud of. Share that energy through your creation.
At Master Jewelers Indiana, we strive for the highest customer satisfaction. We understand how important any change can be. Jewelry is a great reminder of how far we have come along in our journey. Let us help create the new you this New Year!
Looking for a holiday gift for her?! ‘Tis the season to shop. You definitely can’t go wrong with jewelry this holiday season. Whether it’s for a mother, wife or daughter or all of the above, Master Jewelers has something for everyone on your list.
Holiday shopping doesn’t have to be overwhelming or disappointing. It should be filled with love and joy as you are picking out a gift for the people you hold near and dear to your heart. Master Jewelers knows the importance of your gift while enjoying the time you spend trying to find what you are looking for.
Here are Tips to help you get started this holiday season.
Stuck on what to get your mom? Don’t worry we have plenty of options for you to choose from. Typically buying a gift for your mother is a challenge because we want to give her the world. Trying to match your mother’s love with a gift is next to impossible so get her something she will cherish. A beautiful pendant necklace always sends a bold statement. Make sure you purchase a piece she can connect to like a birthstone, favorite color or beautiful design to match her style.
Out of ideas on gifts for your wife this year? Well, you are in luck. Master Jewelers has a variety of bridal sets to help upgrade your wife’s Bling this holiday season. If she already has that left finger full, don’t panic. Purchase her a just because ring. Find something off the wall unique that represents just her. Our Brown and White Diamond Ring is perfect for a just because ring for her. It complements several attires well. The Squared Shank Diamond Band screams sophistication. Sleek and modern it is a great option for everyone.
Want to surprise your daughter with something special? You know what they say Diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Every girl’s fine jewelry collection has to start somewhere, who better than her father to give her, her first piece. Diamond earrings always add sparkle and charm to a girl’s world. Earrings are a great option because they come simple or extravagant to match your daughter’s style. Don’t be afraid to custom design jewelry for her. There is only one of her, and she deserves to have a one of kind piece to symbolize that.
It takes three birthstones to celebrate the month of December. Tanzanite, Zircon and Turquoise, all different shades of a beautiful blue. While these gemstones look very similar in color, they couldn’t be more different. Let’s look at each stone and what makes them distinctively unique.
Tanzanite is a rare deep blue-purple gemstone. Found near the majestic Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Recently discovered in the 1960s, Tanzanite grew popular quickly and treasured by many. There is a limited supply of Tanzanite making this beauty a rarity. Tanzanite is sometimes mistaken for Sapphire, but its distinct purplish-blue color will distinguish the difference. Buy Tanzanite to celebrate a December birthday or a 24th wedding anniversary or because you love the vibrant blue.
Zircon is the oldest mineral on earth. Its first discover dates back approximately 4.4 billion years ago, Zircon first found in the Earth’s crust. Because this mineral contains uranium, its structure and color have evolved over time. Giving us clues about our own Mother Nature. Zircon achieves different colors through different heating processes which is how the Blue Zircon is made. We can find this beautiful gem all over the world but Australia leads everyone in mining for Zircon.
Last but not least is Turquoise. Its name says everything about its color. This gemstone dates back to the 13 century and known for its common usage in the Native American jewelry. Turquoise is the primary birthstone of December. It also serves to represent an eleventh wedding anniversary. The gem is a light blue mixed with green tones and hues. Turquoise symbolizes protection, happiness, and friendship. Buying turquoise differs from a lot of other gemstones as they do not grade it on the 4C’s criteria. (Cut, Color, Clarity and Carat size) Turquoise is valued by its color, size, hardness, and matrix.
Still can‘t choose which gem best suits you? Don’t! Visit us at Master Jewelers Indianapolis to custom design jewelry and include all three Gemstones made just for you.
November is the eleventh month of the year that comes with two birthstones to celebrate the birthdays of the month. The Topaz and the Citrine are both brightly colored stones to help ease the winter blues of November. These two gems are equally beautiful and share the same vibrant qualities. Many often confuse the gems for one another. However, they come from different minerals. Not to mention the Topaz comes in various colors than the yellow hue it shares with Citrine.
Both the Topaz and Citrine are a representation of warmth, luck, and fortune. Each gemstone exhibits soothing and calming properties to those who wear them. Let’s learn a more about each gemstone individually.
- Pure Topaz is colorless, however, different colored Topaz derives from impurities that cause the stone to reflect different shades of the rainbow. The most valued Topaz is the gorgeous Imperial Topaz, which is an intense orange gem with pink undertones. The Blue Topaz is also popular even though it is very rare to a find a natural version. Irradiation treatment produces blue Topaz
- Topaz is incredibly durable and strong. The gemstone is prone to chipping and cracking, unlike other fragile gemstones. When cut correctly it makes for a breathtaking jewelry design.
- Quality Topaz can be mainly found in Brazil, Middle East, Mexico, Nigeria, California, and Utah. The Blue Topaz is Official the State Gem for Texas and Utah.
- Citrine is a quartz that comes in a variety of yellow hued colors from pale yellow to brownish orange. The yellow colored gem is often mistaken for the Topaz and has been for years. The Citrine gets its color through the traces of iron within the quartz, but they manufacture the gem through heat to produce a marketable golden gem.
- The Citrine has a hardness of 7 on the Mohs scale. The gemstone is resistant to scratches, and daily wear and tear. This November birthstone is supplied by Brazil, Spain, Russia, California, Colorado, North Carolina, etc.
- Called the healing quartz for its soothing and calming benefits. It is said to help release negative energy and spark manifestations for new beginnings.
Both birthstones are very affordable and will last in durability. They also are both great to add vibrancy to any custom jewelry design. Let Master Jewelers help you create a November birthday to remember.
For the month of October, Master Jewelers is pleased to announce Allison Kaufman as our monthly showcase designer. Allison Kaufman is world renown and respected diamond jewelry artisan. She has maintained a prestigious profile for over 3 generations. Since 1920, Allison Kaufman has earned the respect of being one of the top Diamond in the US. This title also represents the longevity of each collection and the meticulous craftsmanship used to bring these designs to life.
Each piece produced by Allison Kaufman’s team is designed to perfection. Each step from the design to production level is fine-tuned and carefully calculated to design each piece of jewelry. The production starts with the selection of vibrant gemstones and diamonds to be used together. They are the focal point of each and every design as they are the reason each piece is full of life and light. Each jewelry designed is handcrafted and each detail is intricately placed.
The three main jewelry categories for Allison Kaufman jewelry is:
Allison Kaufman features our his and her wedding jewelry with a wide range of designs to choose from. Choosing which jewelry design to represent the love you share can be tough, however, Allison’s one of a kind design make the choice easy. Each piece is designed with love and care by Allison Kaufman’s expert team. Whether you are selecting a ring for the big day or to celebrate an anniversary, you won’t be disappointed with Allison Kaufman’s bridal collections.
Show off the latest jewelry fashion with a piece from one of Allison Kaufman’s fashion jewelry. Amongst all of her collections, this fashion category is filled with exquisite pieces to show off your bling daily. The quality crafted designs not only keep up with modern jewelry fashion but set the bar to a new standard. The prestigious Allison Kaufman trends have been known to set the tone in the jewelry fashion industry.
Allison Kaufman has various collections to choose any piece of jewelry suitable for you and what you are looking for. Sparkle is an example of the uniformed theme to every collection designed. The world-class artisans take the same quality care and handcrafted designs to every collection.
Visit Master Jewelers, through the month of October and receive an exclusive VIP discount to your Allison Kaufman jewelry.
Fall Season is in the air. October is the official month when autumn is in full effect. The leaves begin to change and fall to the ground, and the trends of fashion changes with the cool crisp air. Master Jewelers attended the JCK in Las Vegas, a fine jewelry trade show. It is a convention where all key players in the fine jewelry industry come together to share designs, techniques, and upcoming trends.
Contemporary and fine jewelry both have different trends and styles; they use throughout different seasons. While contemporary is usually people’s go to because of the lower cost assumption, you would be surprised to know that there are many affordable, quality fine jewelry piece to fit into your fall collection. Jewelry trade shows like JCK help educate people on different ways to obtain a piece that they would love and have with a budget price range.
The Fall 2018 Fine Jewelry Fashion Trends bring back classic gemstones like the Pearl and Jade. Let look at a few must-haves this Autumn.
- Pearls are making a comeback. While many of us think of Jackie O’s timeless usage of pearls to accent her stylish ways, these fall designs are looking to be more modern flirty. Using Pearls in irregular design and really showcasing the beauty of the stone.
- Colored Gemstones- This Fall is all about vibrant colors. The gemstone’s color is the focal point of the designs combined with complementing metals to accentuate the colors of autumn. Add brilliant colored gemstones to your collections. Alternatively, be creative with your birthstone.
- Thicker Chains – Designers are making bold statements this fall with more brilliant colors. Thicker chains have made their way back to décolletage fashion. While the dainty layered necklace look is coined classic, the thicker chain showcase your confident fashion statement
- Jade jewelry to change your energy and style – Jade has gained its popularity through Feng Shui and holistic benefits. This fall 2018, you can harmonize your fashion with Jade jewelry. While the gemstone has been around for centuries, many still found themselves still in love with the energetic gem. It can surely provide a sense of peace to your fashion this fall.
October is the leading month of Fall. It is the official start of the holiday season when pumpkin spice flavors and pumpkin patch fun fill the air. October is a unique month which has two different gemstones that represent the birthdays of the month. It is the month of the beautiful Opal and Tourmaline.
The Opal and Tourmaline’s vibrant colors are legendary. An old wives’ tale explains the beauty of the gemstone that revolves around the use of rainbows. Once you see each gemstone, you will wonder if there is some truth to that myth. Nonetheless, both stones are decadent with colors yet different in their own way. Let’s take a look at each birthstone.
The Opal is truly a unique gem. It isn’t one color with shades or hues of others. It is a distinct mix up of vibrant colors. “Opal” comes from the Greek word “opallios”, which means to see the change in the color, which is an exact representation of the gem as it looks like a mini rainbow. Because of its unique color, the opal has been around for centuries and its popularity continues to grow. It is not only loved for its kaleidoscope color effect, but it is known to be a charm that brings good luck. The evaluation process of the Opal is very similar to purchasing diamonds. They are graded in color, pattern, clarity, and cut.
The Tourmaline is the “stone of mixed colors”. The Sinhalese origin name fits the gemstone as it mirrors every color in the rainbow. The gemstone contains different colored variations within each different stone. Schorl (Black) Tourmaline, Dravite( Brown) tourmaline, Elbaite, Rubelllite tourmaline (Red), Verdelite and etc are all different types of Tourmaline gemstones available. The tourmaline is mined in different locations which include Brazil, Nigeria, Madagascar, the middle east and the US. No tourmaline gem is exactly alike. Each stone is literally a one-of-a-kind gemstone. It is valued based on the color, clarity, cut and carat weight.
Celebrate your October birthday with a gift from Master Jewelers. As a jeweler you can trust, our expert team has over 15 years of experience with purchasing loose gems and crafting a jewelry design you will love. Call us today or stop by our Indianapolis location today.
In this selfie age, pictures from our phone’s camera sweep across our social media pages. Millions of user hashtag #jewelry in hope of sharing their artistic creation with a sole aim of getting likes in exchange for promoting a specific piece or brand. Jewelry is more than just a materialistic item; it is an expression of personality, moments cherished and love shared. It is only natural that people take to social media to post images that share a story of their lives.
Taking a picture of your jewelry using a smartphone seems so easy and basic. It is believed that capturing pictures is as accessible as your smartphone, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. In trying to capture the true beauty of your piece in a photo, there are few tips or guidelines that you should consider before hiring that final share button.
- Check your smartphone camera settings: Setting up your camera phone is important to capture a complimenting picture. Do not use zoom or flash. Zoom will distort the image and pixelation causing a blurry, unflattering photo. Flash will flatten out your jewelry design. External light is recommended for jewelry rather than direct light from the flash.
- Prepare your jewelry: It is essential to properly prepare your jewelry before taking a picture. It doesn’t matter what settings or camera you use. You need to clean and stage-create your jewelry. Firstly, clean and polish your jewelry or better yet make it professionally cleaned. Not only will your jewelry be picture perfect it will also preserve its originality. Secondly, strategically place your items, previewing any special features like gemstones, stamps etc. Make sure it’s best assets are represented. Whatever stage background you use must compliment the colors of your piece.
- Use light appropriate to the environment: Lighting is everything. It is what helps capture the shine and glitter within the image. External shooting in the shade is a better option. Sounds absurd, but surprisingly you will get a natural light that won’t leave a glare or sharp contrast. You can also use the direct sunlight in addition to a white backdrop or foil to bounce the sunlight on to the piece.
- Steady Camera hands: Setting up your perfect picture scene is only half of the process. Taking a quality picture is the other half. Make sure you snap the right angles and get a clear and clean view of the item.