Finding a non-traditional wedding ring or engagement ring can be a challenge in today’s mass market. Many brides crave to be different for their big day. It has become more popular for brides to favor styles that express their individuality rather than choosing a ring for its traditional qualities
What is considered a traditional wedding/ engagement ring?
A traditional engagement ring is a ring you receive when your spouse proposes to you. It symbolizes love and commitment in the next chapter together. Typically, the circular band represents the eternal love you share. The ring itself includes a centered diamond or gemstone. This is the first piece to your traditional bridal set.
A traditional wedding ring is usually wore stacked with the engagement ring. It is an additional piece solidifying the promise to marry has been kept. The wedding ring is typically a designed band with additional diamonds to enhance the engagement ring as you are promoted from fiancé to wife.
While a traditional wedding ring is beautiful and heavily respected, this setting just isn’t for everyone. Some brides dare to be different and want a modern setting. To help you find the best non-traditional ring for you. Here are some alternatives
Non Traditional Wedding/ Engagement Rings
Keep it simple– A simple wedding band is a great minimalist option. It is modern and classic. You can select the metal of your preference. Yellow Gold and Platinum are traditional metals so you might try a Rose Gold.
Chic and Contemporary– A Chevron Diamond Band is subtle yet beautifully modern. It adds flair with the ring’s geometric shape encrusted with diamonds. It perfectly combines delicate and bold together.
A curved diamond wedding band is less subtle but along the same design style. if you are looking for a something similar to the classic wedding band.
Elegance– while you may not want traditional, elegance can still be a part of your style. Pave Contour Wedding Band is a brilliant style with grace and authenticity. Glamorized by its antique diamonds encrusted through mid-ring. If you are looking for something more delicate, a ring like the Double Row Bead Diamon Wedding band Maybe just for you.
Master Jewelers Indiana has an array of Bridal collections for you to choose from. We don’t believe in one size fits all. If you still can’t find what you like, we will help you create it.
Love is in the air and engagement season is just around the corner. Picking the perfect engagement ring takes time and planning to ensure you capture the love you share.
Master Jewelers understands the importance of choosing a ring as it symbolizes the love and commitment of your unique bond. We have something for every couple because if we don’t have it we can design it. Through our state-of-the-art custom design process we can create anything your heart desires.
Engagement rings have evolved throughout the years and trends through intricate details and designs.
Here are a few engagement ring trends for 2019.
- Modern 3 Stone Engagement Ring- You can most certainly thank the engagement of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for these rings sudden popularity. Each stone represents a different stage in the couple’s life. Two small stones classically accompany a bigger diamond in the middle. The stones signify the past, present and the future in that order. Three Stone Engagement rings are a timeless favorite that almost will never go out of style.
- Unique Shaped Diamond- Oval, Pear and other fancy shaped Diamonds more popular this season too. Make a bold statement with uniquely cut diamonds and settings. Have an engagement ring setting you designed? Let Master Jewelers help you bring your custom design to life.
- Elegant Halos- Halo engagement rings are delicately designed to the last detail. Halo rings perfectly combine modern and tradition mixed. These glamorous rings are full of intricate diamond details that illuminate the whole ring.
- Yellow Gold is back- While Gold never goes out of style versions are favored more than others depending on the season. The yellow hues are very complementing for vintage and modern settings. Yellow Gold is a stunning metal that pairs well with diamonds and gemstones. Many love its vibrant shine against their skin tone.
Picking the perfect engagement ring is more than just a trend. It is about connecting a symbol that best describes your partner. From engagement rings to bridal sets, Master Jewelers have been helping couples make their dreams come true through their jewelry. Visit us online today.
Many love to propose to their loved ones during their favorite holiday season. It is a unique and thoughtful way to say I know you. One of the best times for family and friends to celebrate their bond. A convenient way to get the family involved without making them suspicious of any surprise.
Halloween season is an early Christmas for some. If your loved ones love Halloween, proposing with some Halloween fun maybe exactly what they have been dreaming of.
Let’s take a look at a few fun ways you can incorporate the spooky holiday with the popping the big question.
- Pumpkin Fun- Halloween season is one of the prettiest times of the year. It is celebrated in Fall Season. As green leaves take their color to change into various illuminating colors, it can set a magical setting to get your loved one to say ‘YES”. The pumpkin patch is a great setting to get family and friends involved and incorporate the beauty of Fall. If you are looking for a more private setting, why not include home pumpkin carving with your proposal.
- Sweetly Spell it out with Candy- Candy is a representation of Halloween, specifically favorites like candy corn and chocolates. There is nothing like seeing “Will you marry Me?” spelt out with your favorite sweets. It’s no longer just the thought, but the creative time put in making sure the moment is perfect and everything your loved one dreamt of it to be.
- Corn Maze of Love– A recent Halloween favorite is corn mazes. Many flock to enjoy a fun-filled night of trying to find their way through the human maze. It truly an amazing experience of fun. Work with the corn maze company to help capture your special moment and make it a success for you and your loved one. It will be a magical moment to remember.
- Spooky Engagement Rings – Design an engagement ring to fit the theme of your proposal and love together. Use dark gems like black onyx, diamonds, and sapphires with mixed match color metals. Custom designing jewelry is easy and a great way to present a love that is one of a kind.
Master Jewelers has over 15 years custom designing engagement jewelry. Visit our Indiana location or online, and let us help you design a Halloween to remember.
In this selfie age, pictures from our phone’s camera sweep across our social media pages. Millions of user hashtag #jewelry in hope of sharing their artistic creation with a sole aim of getting likes in exchange for promoting a specific piece or brand. Jewelry is more than just a materialistic item; it is an expression of personality, moments cherished and love shared. It is only natural that people take to social media to post images that share a story of their lives.
Taking a picture of your jewelry using a smartphone seems so easy and basic. It is believed that capturing pictures is as accessible as your smartphone, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. In trying to capture the true beauty of your piece in a photo, there are few tips or guidelines that you should consider before hiring that final share button.
- Check your smartphone camera settings: Setting up your camera phone is important to capture a complimenting picture. Do not use zoom or flash. Zoom will distort the image and pixelation causing a blurry, unflattering photo. Flash will flatten out your jewelry design. External light is recommended for jewelry rather than direct light from the flash.
- Prepare your jewelry: It is essential to properly prepare your jewelry before taking a picture. It doesn’t matter what settings or camera you use. You need to clean and stage-create your jewelry. Firstly, clean and polish your jewelry or better yet make it professionally cleaned. Not only will your jewelry be picture perfect it will also preserve its originality. Secondly, strategically place your items, previewing any special features like gemstones, stamps etc. Make sure it’s best assets are represented. Whatever stage background you use must compliment the colors of your piece.
- Use light appropriate to the environment: Lighting is everything. It is what helps capture the shine and glitter within the image. External shooting in the shade is a better option. Sounds absurd, but surprisingly you will get a natural light that won’t leave a glare or sharp contrast. You can also use the direct sunlight in addition to a white backdrop or foil to bounce the sunlight on to the piece.
- Steady Camera hands: Setting up your perfect picture scene is only half of the process. Taking a quality picture is the other half. Make sure you snap the right angles and get a clear and clean view of the item.
The diamond ring from a prior experience, outdated gold bracelets or a sapphire necklace that you adored—when you were in high school. The reality is we all have jewelry that we no longer wear and is just collecting dust in our jewelry box.
Selling your jewelry is more common now than ever, but it is still a tough choice to make. These were items you once cherished and though you may be ready to part ways with the old jewelry, knowing where to start is important.
Let’s take a look at a few helpful tips to help you sell your jewelry
- Research and Be Informed: Knowing how eager you are to sell your jewelry is the first question you want to ask yourself when starting this process. If you are looking to get instant cash today, your options may be limited and you run the risk of not receiving the true value after selling it. Pawn shops are the number one place to receive same day cash on all jewelry but don’t be so quick to sell to the first buyer. Shop around to see which one will give you top dollar. If you are willing to take your time and want top value for your jewelry, have a couple of better options.
- Know The Worth: While it is best to rely on the expertise of a jeweler you can trust, you should also educate yourself on the real value your item may hold. Getting your item appraised may sound ridiculous before selling the item but it actually will give you an exact value for your piece of jewelry. A jewelry appraisal provides good information about the sale and business facts and not the emotional value of your piece.
- Be Realistic: While you may preset a dollar amount in your heart and mind, the dollar value of the item depends on the item being presented by itself. It all boils down to the amount listed once appraised, not the emotional connection you hold with the item. This is usually where some buyers might want to re-evaluate their sale. You can speak with your jeweler about gaining more value by resetting the item. The money spent may just be an investment you will get a higher return for win the long run. If that doesn’t work you may opt to pass down the item to a loved one as an emotional heirloom.
When it comes to your engagement ring, there are some critical things you should and should not do to take care of your prized possession. Your engagement ring is one of the single most important pieces of jewelry you will ever wear, and it is important to take care of it properly in order for it to truly last a lifetime. Regardless of the gemstone type, metal color or style your engagement ring is, there are some common practices you will want to put into place to keep your ring looking bright, shiny and as good as new. Here is a quick guide on how to care for your engagement ring.
- Keep your ring nice and clean.
First, make sure you properly clean your ring. The best way to get your engagement ring cleaned is taking it to a professional jeweler that has the equipment. It is also important to remember to take your ring off before working with strong agents such as bleach or cleaning products. That goes for anything else that is hard or dirty on your hands as well, such as gardening or even camping. These simple practices will extend the life of your engagement ring and keep the diamond or other gemstones vibrant.
- Try not to touch your ring’s center gemstone often.
Next, and maybe something that you don’t often think about, try not to frequently touch the center stone. By touching the center stone, you are transferring oils from your hand, dirt and more to the stone, making the stone appear less bright. Dust and particles can get stuck under the diamond itself as well.
- Store your ring someplace safe.
A large part of taking care of your ring is proper storage as well. Storing your engagement ring in a safe place will ensure that nothing happens to it, it doesn’t get lost or it doesn’t get scratched. Having a designated jewelry box or small try or dish to put your ring in will make sure that it is safe and sound. Another important consideration is that if you have an engagement ring that has a diamond, it can scratch your other jewelry. It is a good idea not to just toss your engagement ring in loose with a jewelry box filled with other jewelry.
- Take advantage of inspections.
A highly recommended practice is to also have a professional jeweler conduct an inspection on the engagement ring a couple of times a year. A jeweler will be able to tell if there is anything that needs to be fixed or attended to after you have been wearing the engagement ring every day. Jewelers can take scratches out, shine it up and give you options for your ring’s maintenance. It is also a great idea to get your ring insured with your jeweler. Adding an insurance plan to your engagement ring can ensure that it will be attended to and that you will never have a large, upfront expense with it in the future.
At Master Jewelers, we take our ring care and quality very seriously. We know that an engagement ring is one of the most important things you will ever wear, and it is a piece of jewelry you want to last for generations to come. Following these simple tips and practices can help extend the life of your engagement ring, and we can help. Stop by our showroom for professional cleaning and a full inspection of your ring. Our experienced experts will help you keep your diamond clean and extend its life for years to come.
When it comes to engagement rings, there are many options available when it comes to the gemstone, color of metal, size and design. Perhaps, you are single and dreaming of a future engagement, have been seriously dating a significant other, recently been proposed to, or looking to update your rings in a vow renewal. Whatever stage of life you find yourself in, an engagement or wedding ring is one of the most special pieces of jewelry you will ever wear.
Because an engagement ring is so symbolic and important, it is important not only to select the right ring, but select a ring that fits. It is important to note that most often, the ring doesn’t fit right away. Even if you pick out the ring and size yourself or a significant other surprises you with your ring, many couples find themselves back at a jewelry to make sure the fit of the ring is absolutely perfect. Because the ring itself is precious, it is important to be educated and know what to look for when it comes to figuring out the right fit of your ring.
First, it is important to note that the fit of your ring will not be exact from day to day. For example, your fingers often get smaller in the cold and expand in the summer or in heat. Some days it will feel as if the ring is a little too small, or vice versa- a little too loose. While the fit won’t be exact, the size you should aim towards is for the ring to go on your finger without forcing it, but provide a level of resistance when taking it off. If you are getting your engagement ring sized in the winter, it is important to remember to not make the ring too tight, as your fingers will most likely expand in the summer months.
Jewelers use standardized sizing rings to determine the proper fit of your ring. Rings are typically sized in ¼ sizes, used to determine the best fit for the ring. Many people run into trouble when their knuckles are larger than the rest of their finger. If this is the case, jewelers can add sizing beads to the inside of the ring. This allows the ring to fit over the top of the knuckle and rest on the base of the finger without twisting around as much (since rings are most often top heavy).
Another consideration is simply personal taste and comfort. Some individuals like their rings looser than others. It is important to find a trusted and experienced jeweler who can resize and make changes to your ring to get it exactly the way you like it. Another consideration when it comes to size is what material the ring is made out of, such as metal or plastic. Each person will have their own taste and preferences when it comes to fit, so it is important to have a discussion with your jewelry and stop in and have the ring looked at.
At Master Jewelers, we have over 20 years of experience designing and selling custom, quality jewelry pieces for the greater Indianapolis area and beyond. Stop by our showroom today in Indianapolis or reach us online to start the process of resizing your ring. Our team of artisans believe that every love is unique, and so should every engagement ring. We will tailor your ring to you, so you are happy with the final result. Contact us today to get started finding the perfect engagement ring with the perfect fit.
The Thanksgiving season brings many things to look forward to, including turkey, stuffing, family gatherings and more. In addition to Thanksgiving traditions, many brave the lines and elements to participate in Black Friday- the Friday after thanksgiving known for doorbuster deals on electronics, clothing and more. However, the Saturday after Thanksgiving also brings fun shopping traditions as well. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is known as Small Business Saturday, a day to support shopping local in the community.
With all the hype surrounding the Thanksgiving Day season, there are many reasons to take the opportunity on Saturday to shop local. Here are the top four reasons to put down the leftover turkey legs and get out and shop local.
- Shopping local makes an economic impact on the community in which you live.
Where you invest your dollars, you are investing in life that is happening around you. Shopping local allows your your local community to thrive and provides an economic boost that allows for a number of benefits such as enhanced community infrastructure, schools, hospitals, etc.
- Shopping local provides jobs for more residents.
When you get out and shop local, you are providing means to create more jobs for more residents. More jobs leads to a stronger community with more opportunities to work and grow.
- Shopping local provides unique products and services.
Shopping local allows you to receive goods and services that big box stores or companies may not provide. With local businesses, you receive unique products and services, and you as a customer benefit from a wider selection.
- Shopping local allows for committed owners.
When you shop local, you allow the owners of the businesses to commit to the community with their time and resources. This commitment leads to new levels of growth in the community.
We at Master Jewelers are a small shop, serving the Indianapolis, Indiana community and beyond since 1992. For over 20 years, we have helped individuals and couples find the perfect jewelry pieces to make a statement, pop a big question and create memories that last for a lifetime. Our team is committed to serving the local community, not only through creating and helping to select the perfect jewelry items, but we are also committed to giving back.
At Master Jewelers, we support three local initiatives to give back and make our world a better place. We currently support organizations that are making a difference in the lives of underprivileged children, older adults suffering from dementia and other debilitating diseases and families with loved ones suffering from serious illnesses. We believe that it is our obligation as a small shop to help our community in which we work, play and live. For more information on our causes and how you can get more involved, click here.
This Saturday, come out and shop local. At Master Jewelers, we will be handing out gift cards up to $500 in value for the first 50 customers who come into the store. Doors open at 10 am. We will also be doing behind-the-counter tours of our shop at both 11 am and 1 pm. It is an event you and your friends and family will not want to miss!
With the holiday season quickly approaching, there comes holidays, family gatherings and many marriage engagements. After all, the holiday season is the perfect time to pop the question, surrounded by family and friends, to take a leap and make the commitment to spend the rest of your life with the person you love. The holiday season is the best time to reflect, keep the ones you love close and dream for the future and the next year ahead. When it comes to planning the perfect engagement for your significant other this holiday season, it is important to plan ahead and keep these four keys in mind.
- First, decide how you want to propose.
When you are starting to think about getting down on one knee and asking the big question, it is important to decide how you want to propose. Does your significant other like surprises or would she be overwhelmed to be thrown off guard? Would she enjoy a proposal in public or be embarrassed if you asked her in a public setting, such as a sports game or public park? It is important to consider what your significant other likes and is comfortable with. Whether it is just you two with a low key proposal on your apartment couch or a helicopter ride overlooking the city, each proposal is special and unique in its own way, and is perfect when it matches the couple.
- Decide when you want to propose.
Next, it is important to start thinking about when you would like to propose and get engaged. For many, the holiday season is the perfect time when people have time off of work, can travel and can celebrate with the couple. However, it is also important to keep in the back of your mind when you and your soon-to-be-spouse would like to have a wedding. Depending on when you would like to have the wedding can determine how long or short the engagement is. Some couples talk prior to the engagement about when they would like the wedding to be.
- Decide how you want to share the big news.
In addition to thinking about when and where you would like to propose, how you share word of the engagement is also to think about beforehand. Would you like to host a party after the proposal with family and friends? Will you share the big news on social media? Some couples want to share the news right away, while others keep the news to themselves. While there is no right or wrong way to get engaged or share the news, this is something you can start to think about while planning the perfect engagement.
- Decide what the perfect ring will be.
Perhaps, one of the most important elements of planning the perfect engagement is selecting the perfect engagement ring for your loved one. When it comes to engagement rings, the options can seem overwhelming. However, there are many ways to reaching a decision on the right ring. Ask your significant other what style she likes, examine the other jewelry she currently wears or take a look at her Pinterest boards for hints. Engagement rings come in many metal colors, styles and shapes with a option of gemstones.
At Master Jewelers, we know that an engagement ring is one of the most important pieces of jewelry you will ever decide to purchase. Our experts can walk you through the process step-by-step of choosing the ring that is right for you and your loved one. Stop by our showroom in Indianapolis or visit our store online to view our engagement ring options. If you don’t see what you are looking for, we also offer a full-service, in-house design studio that can design a one-of-kind custom ring, unlike anything else out there. Remember to keep these four keys in mind, and your engagement will be absolutely perfect!
There are a number of significant milestones in each of our lives that go on to shape the person we become, what we believe, how we live our everyday lives and who we interact with. Graduating from school, getting that first job or buying a first home are all important milestones that many of us experience at one point in our lives. In addition to these milestones, one of the biggest milestones of all is getting married. Whether you decide to pop the question to your significant other at a young age, at an older age or somewhere in between, deciding to spend your life with another person is one of the greatest decisions you will make.
With an engagement comes engagement ring shopping. Because engagement ring shopping represents one of these greatest life milestones, it is important that you go with a jeweler you can trust. Here are some keys signs to look for while deciding on a jeweler to go with to help you purchase an engagement ring:
- Select a jeweler that will take the time to walk you through the process step-by-step.
This is a very important factor to look for while selecting a jeweler to help you pick out that perfect engagement ring for your significant other. Go with a jeweler that will take the time to explain the process, show you your options and help you reach the style you are looking for. It is important that you do not feel rushed during the process or pressured into buying something that isn’t the right fit for your loved one.
- Select a jeweler that has years of experience in the industry and in-depth expertise.
With years of operation comes an experienced staff, advanced knowledge of metals and gemstones, and a proven track record of satisfied customers. While ring trends may come and go, experienced jewelers stand the test of time and offer the best quality products and services available.
- Select a jeweler that uses conflict-free diamonds and sources its metals from environmentally-conscious foundries.
At Master Jewelers, we strive to purchase only conflict-free diamonds and source our materials from foundries that are environmentally-conscious. It is important to find a jeweler that cares about the effect they are having on the environment and supports reputable, conflict-free business.
- Select a jeweler that offers custom design options.
Many big box jewelers only offer mass produced ring options. At Master Jewelers, we take a different approach. We offer our customers a full service, in-house design experience, providing custom jewelry design and allowing you to craft a one-of-a-kind engagement ring for your significant other. From sketching the ring to creating the wax model to picking out the individual gemstones, Master Jewelers master artisans walk you through the custom design process from start to finish. Custom design allows your loved one to stand out from the crowd and wear a ring that was truly designed with her in mind.
At Master Jewelers, we walk you through the engagement ring selection process step-by-step. Master Jewelers has been serving customers since 1992, and has over 25 years of expertise in the industry. We believe business and ethics should go hand-in-hand, supporting conflict-free business practices. Lastly, we have a robust custom design service, allowing you to bring that engagement ring you’ve been dreaming about to life.