You have to be hiding underneath a rock if you have never heard of the popular HBO series, Game of Thrones. The eight season show has captivated the Sunday nights of many. The Royals battle for the throne of the seven kingdoms with an exquisite taste of style. In true royalty fashion, many of the characters are wearing a ruby and diamond encrusted jewelry representing their house and role. Each family crest designed uniquely with precious metals and gemstones like Rubies, Gold, Diamonds, etc. You can tell these pieces of jewelry are classic and custom designed.
Whether you want to create a replica of the design worn by your favorite character or represent your favorite house, custom design whatever piece is right for you. You don’t have to be a super fan to have good taste.
Create a Replica
Which piece of jewelry stole your heart? Queen Daenery’s was as stylish as they come with her jewelry selection. From the big Westerosi rings to her exciting decolletage selection, she had a plethora of favorable pieces to choose from. Or you favor more of a Lady Sansa’s jewelry, and its simplicity and elegance. Her “brother” Jon Snow was also no stranger to shining in style himself. His encrusted wolf sword-handle to his coat brooches, his swag was unique, subtle, yet powerful. The point is there is something for every style and personality. Choosing your replica is more about you than the actual character who wore it first. Your connection to the replica is priceless not just to the character.
Represents Your House
Each kingdom and family had their own unique family crest and what they stood for. They centered most designs around the characters environment and their “spirit animals”. So, what represents your family? Design a custom family crest and start a family tradition destined for the honor. Create a piece of jewelry that represents the future path you hope to see your family continue on. A symbol that reminds each of you where you come from. A family heirloom that will last for years to come.
While the end of Game of Thrones is near an end, your jewelry collection can still benefit. Master Jewelers Indiana can help bring your replicas or custom designs to life with our streamlined jewelry design process. With over 20 years of experience, you won’t be disappointed. Visit us online today or coming to our Indianapolis showroom.
May is here and Mother’s Day is just around the corner. It is a great time to think about gift ideas for all the mom’s in your life. Whether your mother figure is blood or not, your bond with her is irreplaceable and should be celebrated. Jewelry is a great option for all mothers of every age. Jewelry is a classic selection and universal to any style or taste.
Mother’s Day gifts can be tricky and overwhelming. Trying to repay your mother’s love and support wrapped as a gift isn’t realistic. Let’s be honest, you really can’t repay your mother, but you CAN make her feel loved and special as you celebrate her. Rather than use a chain jewelry store, shop locally to get a unique one of a kind piece of jewelry. Here are a few ideas to help you streamline your selection process.
Mother’s Day Ring
While you may be one of your mother’s children, this day is about her and all the kids she has helped raise. Incorporating all her children is important as each child has played their own significant role in her motherhood. A mother’s day ring may seem cliche, but it doesn’t have to be. Custom design a ring solely for her. Create a masterpiece that represents your vision of her as a mother and the role she has played in your life. Add different gemstones to signify each her children’s birthdays as it represents where the bond started.
Engraved necklace for Mother’s Day
Gemstones aren’t the only way to represent the children in your mother’s life. Engraved names have become popular and modern option to represent the children she cares for. The names of children are a symbol because of the direct connection each child and the name she chose for them. Design a chic necklace with the names of her children engraved.
Give her a day to Jewelry shop
Sometimes Mother’s Day is more about catering to her with the same love she gives to everyone else. Giving her a day to herself and allowing her the space to generate her own self-love is a magical gift within itself. Buying her a gift card to shop for her own jewelry isn’t insensitive. You are giving her much needed time solely for herself. That is a priceless gift to any mom.
Whether it be for your mom, wife, sister or daughter, every Mother’s Day gift is special because of the love you give it to her with. Celebrate this Mother’s Day with Master Jewelers Indiana, we have something for every mother. You can conquer all your Mother’s Day gifts in one place and be unique to each of their personalities. Visit us online or at our showroom in Indianapolis. Your mother won’t be disappointed.
Add something green to your jewelry collection this St Patrick’s Day. We know March for being the start of Spring and St Patrick’s Day. Many associate wearing green with the holiday, and what better way to get into the spirit than with jewelry.
Celebrate this St. Patrick’s Day with Master Jewelers. With over 20 years of jewelry experience, we have helped design many custom pieces dedicated to various holidays. Whether you are looking to show off your Shamrock spirit or looking to propose on your favorite holiday, Master Jewelers can help.
Looking to propose on St. Patrick day?
While Valentine’s Day is a favored holiday to propose as it represents love, many choose a holiday that means something to them and the one they cherish. Proposing is more about knowing your partner than what is common. Start by custom designing an engagement ring they will love. Add green sparkle to your engagement setting or better yet why not use an Emerald instead of a diamond? Emeralds are beautiful stones that come in different shapes and shades of green. However, the darker the Emerald the purer the gem is. Come into Master Jewelers today and let us help you design your masterpiece. We are a certified loose gemstone buyer and a jeweler you can trust to give you all the information necessary to make a wise purchase.
If Emeralds don’t suit your taste, don’t worry there are plenty of green gemstones to choose from. Incorporate Tourmaline or Peridot. Keep in mind these gemstones are a different shade and range differently as far as durability. However, these gems are equally complementing depending on your design and style.
Use Spring Fashion trends to show off Your Shamrock Spirit.
Many love to use their jewelry to accentuate their daily attire. Whether you are in scrubs or a business suit, Jewelry is universal to any style. Spring jewelry fashion is a fun time of year because of the brilliant and bold colors. It is easy to wear your green sparkle for multiple occasions this time of year. Dare to be bold and different by adding Shamrock earrings or a brooch. If that is too much no worries you can incorporate a simple charm bracelet or basic Peridot earrings. Master Jewelers can help you design your St Patrick’s day vision and bring it to life.
No matter what your plans are this St Patrick’s Day, Master Jewelers is here to help. We have a variety of inventory for you to choose from, and if you don’t see a piece that quite fits your vision, don’t worry. Our onsite expert artisans will walk you through our flawless custom jewelry design process. Visit us today or come into our Indianapolis location.
Choosing the perfect engagement ring is so much more than the size of the diamond. Often the diamond’s carat size, cut and clairty is usually the first part of the engagement ring discussion. While this a big piece of the ring, the diamond isn’t the main priority to the design.
An Engagement ring is the first piece to a bridal setting worn daily. The ring symbolizes the love you two share, and that also means the strength of your bond. Knowing your partner is key to creating the design of the ring. It is essential to take into account their daily lives and the wear and tear that will bring.
What They Don’t Tell You
Many Engagement rings come with small intricate details we don’t recognize at first glance, like a double row of diamonds around the band. We often overlook the maintenance of these engagement rings because we are instantaneously mesmerized by the extravagant sparkle of the ring. Upon a closer look, you see the attention to detail and actual setting of the ring. While these are sparkling beauties and an option for some, they may not be the ideal setting for an active lifestyle. Knowing this before purchasing the ring may help you prevent future costly and devastating damages. If you choose this style, know it will require much more safekeeping by taking it off for certain occasions or activities, which is a good practice for all jewelry.
Low Maintenance Can Still be Pretty
Creating your engagement ring is to be low maintenance doesn’t mean it won‘t shine just as bright as the others. In fact, many favor one diamond versus several. Paying attention to the ring’s prongs and is it capable of holding the stone you desire safe? Is the band durable enough to withstand daily wear and tear of your profession? Are you good about taking off your jewelry ahead of taking part in an activity like the gym? These are all great question to include in your design on the perfect engagement ring. If you answered No, it might be wise to shoot for beauty and durability. A traditional engagement ring like a Cushion Solitaire Engagement ring is better suitable for an active lifestyle. While this is a piece we would consider being low maintenance, it is still gorgeous eye-candy. You could also engrave the band to add sparkle and more creativity.
Researching engagement rings tips is a great way to get an idea of what you are looking for. It will help give you some direction when you go shopping. At Master Jewelers, we have over 20 years of trusted jewelry experience. Come visit us and we will help you custom design a piece made just for your lifestyle.
Finding a non-traditional wedding ring or engagement ring can be a challenge in today’s mass market. Many brides crave to be different for their big day. It has become more popular for brides to favor styles that express their individuality rather than choosing a ring for its traditional qualities
What is considered a traditional wedding/ engagement ring?
A traditional engagement ring is a ring you receive when your spouse proposes to you. It symbolizes love and commitment in the next chapter together. Typically, the circular band represents the eternal love you share. The ring itself includes a centered diamond or gemstone. This is the first piece to your traditional bridal set.
A traditional wedding ring is usually wore stacked with the engagement ring. It is an additional piece solidifying the promise to marry has been kept. The wedding ring is typically a designed band with additional diamonds to enhance the engagement ring as you are promoted from fiancé to wife.
While a traditional wedding ring is beautiful and heavily respected, this setting just isn’t for everyone. Some brides dare to be different and want a modern setting. To help you find the best non-traditional ring for you. Here are some alternatives
Non Traditional Wedding/ Engagement Rings
Keep it simple– A simple wedding band is a great minimalist option. It is modern and classic. You can select the metal of your preference. Yellow Gold and Platinum are traditional metals so you might try a Rose Gold.
Chic and Contemporary– A Chevron Diamond Band is subtle yet beautifully modern. It adds flair with the ring’s geometric shape encrusted with diamonds. It perfectly combines delicate and bold together.
A curved diamond wedding band is less subtle but along the same design style. if you are looking for a something similar to the classic wedding band.
Elegance– while you may not want traditional, elegance can still be a part of your style. Pave Contour Wedding Band is a brilliant style with grace and authenticity. Glamorized by its antique diamonds encrusted through mid-ring. If you are looking for something more delicate, a ring like the Double Row Bead Diamon Wedding band Maybe just for you.
Master Jewelers Indiana has an array of Bridal collections for you to choose from. We don’t believe in one size fits all. If you still can’t find what you like, we will help you create it.
Love is in the air and engagement season is just around the corner. Picking the perfect engagement ring takes time and planning to ensure you capture the love you share.
Master Jewelers understands the importance of choosing a ring as it symbolizes the love and commitment of your unique bond. We have something for every couple because if we don’t have it we can design it. Through our state-of-the-art custom design process we can create anything your heart desires.
Engagement rings have evolved throughout the years and trends through intricate details and designs.
Here are a few engagement ring trends for 2019.
- Modern 3 Stone Engagement Ring- You can most certainly thank the engagement of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for these rings sudden popularity. Each stone represents a different stage in the couple’s life. Two small stones classically accompany a bigger diamond in the middle. The stones signify the past, present and the future in that order. Three Stone Engagement rings are a timeless favorite that almost will never go out of style.
- Unique Shaped Diamond- Oval, Pear and other fancy shaped Diamonds more popular this season too. Make a bold statement with uniquely cut diamonds and settings. Have an engagement ring setting you designed? Let Master Jewelers help you bring your custom design to life.
- Elegant Halos- Halo engagement rings are delicately designed to the last detail. Halo rings perfectly combine modern and tradition mixed. These glamorous rings are full of intricate diamond details that illuminate the whole ring.
- Yellow Gold is back- While Gold never goes out of style versions are favored more than others depending on the season. The yellow hues are very complementing for vintage and modern settings. Yellow Gold is a stunning metal that pairs well with diamonds and gemstones. Many love its vibrant shine against their skin tone.
Picking the perfect engagement ring is more than just a trend. It is about connecting a symbol that best describes your partner. From engagement rings to bridal sets, Master Jewelers have been helping couples make their dreams come true through their jewelry. Visit us online today.
Many love to propose to their loved ones during their favorite holiday season. It is a unique and thoughtful way to say I know you. One of the best times for family and friends to celebrate their bond. A convenient way to get the family involved without making them suspicious of any surprise.
Halloween season is an early Christmas for some. If your loved ones love Halloween, proposing with some Halloween fun maybe exactly what they have been dreaming of.
Let’s take a look at a few fun ways you can incorporate the spooky holiday with the popping the big question.
- Pumpkin Fun- Halloween season is one of the prettiest times of the year. It is celebrated in Fall Season. As green leaves take their color to change into various illuminating colors, it can set a magical setting to get your loved one to say ‘YES”. The pumpkin patch is a great setting to get family and friends involved and incorporate the beauty of Fall. If you are looking for a more private setting, why not include home pumpkin carving with your proposal.
- Sweetly Spell it out with Candy- Candy is a representation of Halloween, specifically favorites like candy corn and chocolates. There is nothing like seeing “Will you marry Me?” spelt out with your favorite sweets. It’s no longer just the thought, but the creative time put in making sure the moment is perfect and everything your loved one dreamt of it to be.
- Corn Maze of Love– A recent Halloween favorite is corn mazes. Many flock to enjoy a fun-filled night of trying to find their way through the human maze. It truly an amazing experience of fun. Work with the corn maze company to help capture your special moment and make it a success for you and your loved one. It will be a magical moment to remember.
- Spooky Engagement Rings – Design an engagement ring to fit the theme of your proposal and love together. Use dark gems like black onyx, diamonds, and sapphires with mixed match color metals. Custom designing jewelry is easy and a great way to present a love that is one of a kind.
Master Jewelers has over 15 years custom designing engagement jewelry. Visit our Indiana location or online, and let us help you design a Halloween to remember.
In this selfie age, pictures from our phone’s camera sweep across our social media pages. Millions of user hashtag #jewelry in hope of sharing their artistic creation with a sole aim of getting likes in exchange for promoting a specific piece or brand. Jewelry is more than just a materialistic item; it is an expression of personality, moments cherished and love shared. It is only natural that people take to social media to post images that share a story of their lives.
Taking a picture of your jewelry using a smartphone seems so easy and basic. It is believed that capturing pictures is as accessible as your smartphone, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. In trying to capture the true beauty of your piece in a photo, there are few tips or guidelines that you should consider before hiring that final share button.
- Check your smartphone camera settings: Setting up your camera phone is important to capture a complimenting picture. Do not use zoom or flash. Zoom will distort the image and pixelation causing a blurry, unflattering photo. Flash will flatten out your jewelry design. External light is recommended for jewelry rather than direct light from the flash.
- Prepare your jewelry: It is essential to properly prepare your jewelry before taking a picture. It doesn’t matter what settings or camera you use. You need to clean and stage-create your jewelry. Firstly, clean and polish your jewelry or better yet make it professionally cleaned. Not only will your jewelry be picture perfect it will also preserve its originality. Secondly, strategically place your items, previewing any special features like gemstones, stamps etc. Make sure it’s best assets are represented. Whatever stage background you use must compliment the colors of your piece.
- Use light appropriate to the environment: Lighting is everything. It is what helps capture the shine and glitter within the image. External shooting in the shade is a better option. Sounds absurd, but surprisingly you will get a natural light that won’t leave a glare or sharp contrast. You can also use the direct sunlight in addition to a white backdrop or foil to bounce the sunlight on to the piece.
- Steady Camera hands: Setting up your perfect picture scene is only half of the process. Taking a quality picture is the other half. Make sure you snap the right angles and get a clear and clean view of the item.
The diamond ring from a prior experience, outdated gold bracelets or a sapphire necklace that you adored—when you were in high school. The reality is we all have jewelry that we no longer wear and is just collecting dust in our jewelry box.
Selling your jewelry is more common now than ever, but it is still a tough choice to make. These were items you once cherished and though you may be ready to part ways with the old jewelry, knowing where to start is important.
Let’s take a look at a few helpful tips to help you sell your jewelry
- Research and Be Informed: Knowing how eager you are to sell your jewelry is the first question you want to ask yourself when starting this process. If you are looking to get instant cash today, your options may be limited and you run the risk of not receiving the true value after selling it. Pawn shops are the number one place to receive same day cash on all jewelry but don’t be so quick to sell to the first buyer. Shop around to see which one will give you top dollar. If you are willing to take your time and want top value for your jewelry, have a couple of better options.
- Know The Worth: While it is best to rely on the expertise of a jeweler you can trust, you should also educate yourself on the real value your item may hold. Getting your item appraised may sound ridiculous before selling the item but it actually will give you an exact value for your piece of jewelry. A jewelry appraisal provides good information about the sale and business facts and not the emotional value of your piece.
- Be Realistic: While you may preset a dollar amount in your heart and mind, the dollar value of the item depends on the item being presented by itself. It all boils down to the amount listed once appraised, not the emotional connection you hold with the item. This is usually where some buyers might want to re-evaluate their sale. You can speak with your jeweler about gaining more value by resetting the item. The money spent may just be an investment you will get a higher return for win the long run. If that doesn’t work you may opt to pass down the item to a loved one as an emotional heirloom.
When it comes to your engagement ring, there are some critical things you should and should not do to take care of your prized possession. Your engagement ring is one of the single most important pieces of jewelry you will ever wear, and it is important to take care of it properly in order for it to truly last a lifetime. Regardless of the gemstone type, metal color or style your engagement ring is, there are some common practices you will want to put into place to keep your ring looking bright, shiny and as good as new. Here is a quick guide on how to care for your engagement ring.
- Keep your ring nice and clean.
First, make sure you properly clean your ring. The best way to get your engagement ring cleaned is taking it to a professional jeweler that has the equipment. It is also important to remember to take your ring off before working with strong agents such as bleach or cleaning products. That goes for anything else that is hard or dirty on your hands as well, such as gardening or even camping. These simple practices will extend the life of your engagement ring and keep the diamond or other gemstones vibrant.
- Try not to touch your ring’s center gemstone often.
Next, and maybe something that you don’t often think about, try not to frequently touch the center stone. By touching the center stone, you are transferring oils from your hand, dirt and more to the stone, making the stone appear less bright. Dust and particles can get stuck under the diamond itself as well.
- Store your ring someplace safe.
A large part of taking care of your ring is proper storage as well. Storing your engagement ring in a safe place will ensure that nothing happens to it, it doesn’t get lost or it doesn’t get scratched. Having a designated jewelry box or small try or dish to put your ring in will make sure that it is safe and sound. Another important consideration is that if you have an engagement ring that has a diamond, it can scratch your other jewelry. It is a good idea not to just toss your engagement ring in loose with a jewelry box filled with other jewelry.
- Take advantage of inspections.
A highly recommended practice is to also have a professional jeweler conduct an inspection on the engagement ring a couple of times a year. A jeweler will be able to tell if there is anything that needs to be fixed or attended to after you have been wearing the engagement ring every day. Jewelers can take scratches out, shine it up and give you options for your ring’s maintenance. It is also a great idea to get your ring insured with your jeweler. Adding an insurance plan to your engagement ring can ensure that it will be attended to and that you will never have a large, upfront expense with it in the future.
At Master Jewelers, we take our ring care and quality very seriously. We know that an engagement ring is one of the most important things you will ever wear, and it is a piece of jewelry you want to last for generations to come. Following these simple tips and practices can help extend the life of your engagement ring, and we can help. Stop by our showroom for professional cleaning and a full inspection of your ring. Our experienced experts will help you keep your diamond clean and extend its life for years to come.