Many love to propose to their loved ones during their favorite holiday season. It is a unique and thoughtful way to say I know you. One of the best times for family and friends to celebrate their bond. A convenient way to get the family involved without making them suspicious of any surprise.
Halloween season is an early Christmas for some. If your loved ones love Halloween, proposing with some Halloween fun maybe exactly what they have been dreaming of.
Let’s take a look at a few fun ways you can incorporate the spooky holiday with the popping the big question.
- Pumpkin Fun- Halloween season is one of the prettiest times of the year. It is celebrated in Fall Season. As green leaves take their color to change into various illuminating colors, it can set a magical setting to get your loved one to say ‘YES”. The pumpkin patch is a great setting to get family and friends involved and incorporate the beauty of Fall. If you are looking for a more private setting, why not include home pumpkin carving with your proposal.
- Sweetly Spell it out with Candy- Candy is a representation of Halloween, specifically favorites like candy corn and chocolates. There is nothing like seeing “Will you marry Me?” spelt out with your favorite sweets. It’s no longer just the thought, but the creative time put in making sure the moment is perfect and everything your loved one dreamt of it to be.
- Corn Maze of Love– A recent Halloween favorite is corn mazes. Many flock to enjoy a fun-filled night of trying to find their way through the human maze. It truly an amazing experience of fun. Work with the corn maze company to help capture your special moment and make it a success for you and your loved one. It will be a magical moment to remember.
- Spooky Engagement Rings – Design an engagement ring to fit the theme of your proposal and love together. Use dark gems like black onyx, diamonds, and sapphires with mixed match color metals. Custom designing jewelry is easy and a great way to present a love that is one of a kind.
Master Jewelers has over 15 years custom designing engagement jewelry. Visit our Indiana location or online, and let us help you design a Halloween to remember.
In honor of our ‘”Fall Fire” event that is taking place for the whole month of September, we would like to share a few tips on how to pick the perfect loose Diamond or Gemstone for you. As a jeweler you can trust, understanding and feeling comfortable with your purchase is part of loving your piece of jewelry. At Master Jewelers, we understand that jewelry is a representation of a moment or feeling in time. It is more than a material item.
Buying loose diamond and gemstones comes with a meticulous process. In fact, after 20 years of experience in the jewelry industry, we have perfected selecting loose diamonds and gemstones. All of our diamonds and gemstones receive a thorough and intricate examination before making their appearance in our showroom. Quality is everything! You can also rest assured that all of our diamonds are conflict-free. Here is further reading on how we select our diamonds and the importance of conflict-free diamonds.
Knowing key information about buying loose gemstones is important, but so is knowing what you want and like. While you can somewhat rely on the jeweler’s expertise to ensure the quality of your purchase, only you know what is right for you.
Here are a few things to consider when buying a loose diamond.
- Know what “Carat” weight range you are looking for: This should be the first consideration for you. It is essential to understand that a carat’s weight heavily affects the price of the diamond. Picking the size of the carat is the main element to your design. Not all gemstones will be measured in carats, but size is as equally important. Size of any gemstone weighs in heavy in regards to price.
- Chose your ideal color and optimal clarity grade: This is another price indicator for all diamonds and gemstones. Color and clarity of the grade both dictate the authenticity of the stone. The size doesn’t matter without the value of the stone.
- Diamond shape: What diamond shape best represents you? The shape of the diamond is all about personal taste and the design you are trying to achieve.
When it comes to diamond shopping, there are a lot of buzz words that are often tossed around that you may hear. Shape, clarity, cut, color and more add to the unique vocabulary of jewelry shopping. Many jewelers often boast that they sell ethically-sourced diamonds. “Conflict-free” is another term you might hear while deciding on an engagement ring, diamond necklace or something in between. Between all of the lingo you might come across either on a website or in a jewelry showroom, it can be hard to decipher just what everything means and how exactly jewelers are using these terms to define their product offerings.
Diamonds have been a highly valuable commodity for hundreds of years. In countries where diamonds are mined, diamonds can play a part in civil wars and internal conflict, as people fight over control of these valuable, precious stones. Diamonds can be a cause of civil war and significant division and bloodshed within a country. It is important to ask questions when it comes to the diamond you are considering buying. Without asking questions, you may indirectly be supporting unsafe, unethical mining practices and political unrest in foreign lands.
So what questions should you ask when considering purchasing a diamond? Without getting into the weeds, there are a couple simple questions you should ask that any honest, reputable jeweler will be able to answer. First, ask your jeweler if the diamonds they are selling are ethically sourced. When a diamond is “ethically sourced,” it means that the diamond has been mined in conditions that aren’t affiliated with civil war and bloodshed. Many jewelers sell diamonds that are not ethically sourced because they may be able to get them cheaper or have lowered standards when it comes to quality. Diamonds that are not surrounded by violence are considered to be ethically sourced.
Ethically sourced diamonds also meet labor laws and environmental standards. Ethically sourced diamonds cannot be mined using child labor or pose serious environmental threats. A second question to ask is if the diamonds are conflict-fee. While they are similar, “ethically-sourced” and “conflict-free” describe two slightly different aspects of the mining and sourcing process. The term “conflict-free” describes specifically when diamonds are not financing a war or a rebel group within a country.
It is important to talk with your jeweler about what types of diamonds they sell and how they were sourced. At Master Jewelers, we strive to purchase only “conflict-free” diamonds and source precious metals from “environmental-conscious” foundries. We sell Bright Crystal Diamonds, a premier and exclusive brand of diamonds that follow a clear path, coming directly from the mines, passing an extensive testing and refining process and ending up in a stunning diamond ring.
At Master Jewelers, we care not only about the experience of our customers, but we care about our jewelry pieces from start to finish as well. We follow along with the journey our diamonds take, from the mine to your hands. Stop by our showroom in Indianapolis today or take a look at some of our one-of-a-kind collection online. Discover the difference about what makes our diamonds unique and unlike any other. Besides being ethically sourced and conflict-free, they are some of the brightest diamonds in the world.
As the popular saying goes, diamonds are a girl’s best friend. There is something about a diamond that makes it unique and special, even beyond other gemstones. Diamonds signify something bigger than the stones themselves. A diamond represents love, ongoing commitment, and an incredible gift to someone you cherish. Diamonds are given as gifts to the person in your life you care about most. If you are looking to communicate to your loved one that they are special, diamonds are the perfect gift.
At Master Jewelers, we recognize the symbolic importance a diamond has. That is why we don’t settle for just any diamonds. All of our diamonds go through a meticulous process of refining and examining before being placed under the glass in our showroom or being displayed online. We sell only the brightest, biggest diamonds with a difference you and your loved one are sure to see.
What exactly makes our diamonds different than other jewelry shops around town or online? At Master Jewelers, we sell Bright Crystal Diamonds, a premier private-label with quality and excellence that is unmatched by other retailers or big box stores. Bright Crystal Diamonds are the brightest diamonds in the world. In order to qualify as a Bright Crystal Diamond, the diamond has to make it through a series of checkpoints in order to get from the mine into your hands.
Bright Crystal Diamonds are cut directly from mines in Russia and then sent directly to us to be set into our one-of-a-kind pieces. 99.1% of the diamonds uncovered in the mines are removed from the finishing process, with only the brightest, clearest diamonds making the cut. Russia is known for its brilliant diamonds uncovered from its mines. As far as the cut of the diamonds go, Bright Crystal Diamonds are cut for clarity, color and carat weight, and not just to make the biggest profit. For more information on the Four C’s of Diamond Buying and what we look for when selecting diamonds, click here.
There are no middle men or third parties, ensuring that our diamonds come only from conflict-free sources and are from environmentally-conscious foundries. Bright Crystal Diamonds are scientifically proven to be 96% brighter than the rest of the world’s diamonds and go through rigorous refining and testing, with only the best diamonds reaching the market. Bright Crystal Diamonds have an exceptional sparkle grade and are sure to wow your loved one.
Another factor that sets Bright Crystal Diamonds apart is the jeweler selection process a jeweler must go through in order to sell the world’s brightest diamonds. Bright Crystal Diamonds are sold at only the most ethical jewelers with a track record of selling quality products to customers. Master Jewelers has been selected as an ethical, leading jeweler to sell the Bright Crystal Diamond collection. We are proud to be a Bright Crystal Diamond retailer, offering our customers a unique shopping experience they cannot get nearly anywhere else.
Visit us online or stop by our showroom on the northside of Indianapolis to see the difference of a Bright Crystal Diamond. We will walk you through the process your diamond went through from mine to ring box. At Master Jewelers, your diamond will be unlike any other in the world with its own unique fingerprint, look and character. Whether you are looking for the perfect engagement ring, an anniversary ring or a “just because” special gift, our Bright Crystal diamonds will take your breath away.
When it comes to engagement ring shopping, the options can be endless. If you’re thinking about popping the question to your loved one soon and want to wow her with that perfect ring, there are many styles and looks to consider. Whether your significant other would go for a timeless, classic look, would want something more simplistic or would go for a bold, bedazzled look, selecting an engagement ring will be one of the most important decisions you will ever have to make.
In addition to a number of designer ring options, many individuals are looking for a more hands-on, custom approach to creating a unique, one-of-a-kind engagement ring. After all, what better way to tell your significant other that they are unique and loved than with a unique engagement ring that is unlike any other. A custom design allows you to to craft the perfect ring from start to finish.
One of the first steps in crafting a custom engagement ring is working with an industry expert to outline what you are looking for in the ring. An expert can help you draw a sketch of the engagement ring, kickstarting the process of bringing the creation to life. During this beginning phase, you will need to select what gemstones you would like to build the ring with. While you aren’t limited to selecting a diamond for an engagement gemstone, diamonds are far and beyond the most popular choice due to their durability and captivating glisten.
At Master Jewelers, we have a loose diamond search on our website that allows you to browse through diamonds that are ready to be set into a ring. When looking for diamonds to put into a ring, it is important to keep the four C’s of diamond buying in mind. The four C’s of diamond buying include the cut, color, clarity and carat weight.
Often incorrectly referred to the “shape” of a diamond, the cut of a diamond refers to the angles of the facets as well as how these facets interact with surrounding light. When a diamond “sparkles” in the light, you are viewing the fire (the prismatic colors), brilliance (the white sparkle), and scintillation (the flashes of light seen as the diamond or the observer moves.) Cut has the biggest impact on the value of a diamond.
Next is color. A diamond’s color is graded on a scale ranging from D (most clear) to Z (yellow or brown coloring). Diamonds can have different colors and interact differently with the light. After looking at a diamond’s cut and color, it is important to look at the diamond’s clarity. Clarity refers to how the diamond looks from the inside and outside. Diamonds can have inclusions or blemishes, affecting both the look and the value of the diamond.
Lastly is the carat weight of the diamond. A carat is equal to 1/5th the weight of a gram. The carat weight of a diamond plays a large role in the price. It is important to remember, however, that size isn’t everything. Jewelers take into account all four of the C’s when determining the value of a diamond.
Our online diamond listing includes everything you need to select the perfect gemstone, including a photo directory and details on the four C’s. For more information on the four C’s of diamond buying and to get started creating your custom engagement ring, click here. One of our experienced jewelers will walk you through the process step-by-step, ensuring that your engagement ring vision is brought to life.
While every wedding anniversary is a special event to be celebrated, wedding anniversary number 18 may be one that could be glossed over. Situated between the big 15 and big 20 year anniversary milestones, anniversary 18 could potentially be lost in the shuffle.
However, a couple’s 18th wedding anniversary is not one that should be forgotten–far from it. In fact, this special anniversary serves not only as a day of loving remembrance, but also as an opportunity to look ahead into the future and celebrate with your spouse. Your 18th wedding anniversary is the perfect chance to affirm your spouse and remind them that they are special, remembered and loved, with these perfect “forgotten” gifts.
To celebrate your 18th wedding anniversary, try taking your spouse out on a date or night on the town with unused gift cards. Take the gift cards or gift certificates you forgot you had in the back or your wallet or in the bottom of your purse and use them to remember this special day! Your 18th wedding anniversary is a great time to treat your spouse to a night of fun, delicious food or a shopping trip with these already loaded and ready-to-go gift cards.
Another way to celebrate your 18th wedding anniversary is to purchase the items that may be sitting in your spouse’s Amazon shopping cart or in your spouse’s favorite online store’s shopping wish list. Take this day as an opportunity to purchase the items your spouse has been wanting, but may have forgot about.
Do you have credit card travel points or cash back that you may have forgotten you have? Try checking your balance to see if you have points built up to take a weekend getaway trip, book a cruise or schedule a flight! Your 18th wedding anniversary is the best reason to plan a trip, with credit card perks helping you get there!
Try thinking back and seeing if you can remember a restaurant, cafe or dessert shop your spouse said that he or she has been wanting to try. Your spouse may even have forgotten that he or she wanted to go there! Surprise them with the perfect adventurous date, trying something new together.
You can also celebrate your 18th wedding anniversary by purchasing that piece of jewelry your spouse has been eyeing for awhile, but perhaps has “forgotten” about since your last conversation about it. Surprise her with that perfect amethyst pendant, blue topaz earrings or diamond and ruby ring. Jewelry is an ideal gift, reminding your spouse about this 18 year milestone upon each glance. Anniversary jewelry is a great way to make a statement and proclaim the love you have for your spouse.
No matter what you and your spouse decide to do to celebrate your 18th wedding anniversary, ensure that it is a special one and make timeless memories together. For more gift ideas to celebrate your 18th wedding anniversary, click here.
Are you approaching your 17th wedding anniversary? Make sure to celebrate the occasion! While the 17th wedding anniversary may not seem as important as the 15th, 20th or 25th anniversary, it definitely is still an occasion to honor and cherish. Whether you are more traditional or modern, there is a wide selection of gifts to choose from for this special anniversary.
Furniture is both the traditional and modern gift for the 17th wedding anniversary. Take a nice outing out to pick a romantic piece of furniture that you can lounge in together and end the night with a passionate night alone. Are you tired of waking up unrested? Consider ditching your old bed for a new one. Maybe even a new mattress size is in order. A good night’s sleep is always a great gift.
You can also splurge on new high ticket furniture items, such a new sofa, dining room table, or entertainment center. Maybe it’s time to get him his perfect man cave or create the perfect closet space for her. Or perhaps it is finally time to finish off the basement and get a great bar or entertainment area for everyone to enjoy.
A more modern 17th anniversary might include a gift of a porcelain vase or egg to display in your home for everyone to see. No matter which direction you choose, your spouse is sure to fall in love with you all over again.
The 17th wedding anniversary gemstone is the the pink tourmaline. Find the perfect piece of pink tourmaline jewelry, whether it’s a pair of earrings, a pendant necklace, or beautiful ring. Better yet, create your own custom jewelry piece featuring your choice of pink tourmaline gemstones.
Celebrating your 17th wedding anniversary is a big milestone in your relationship. Make sure that you showcase your enduring marriage with thoughtful and meaningful gifts that will be memorable for years to come.
Spring cleaning is in full swing, so you may be looking for ways to spruce up your diamond jewelry. Diamonds may be the hardest substance in the world, but they still can be scratched or damaged. It’s important to make your stunning diamond jewelry stay brilliant for a lifetime.
Use the following guidelines to ensure your jewelry retains its beauty for years to come:
- Don’t jumble your diamond jewelry with other pieces. Because of the hardness of diamonds, they can scratch other jewelry and each other. Make sure to separate diamonds from the rest of your precious gemstones.
- Keep your diamonds in a jewelry box that is lined with fabric or in a box with dividers or compartment for clear organization. This will help prevent any unnecessary scratches or damage.
- Don’t wear your diamonds when doing rough work. Even though a diamond is very durable, a hard blow can chip and damage it. Instead, store your diamond in a safe place.
- Diamonds look best when they are clean, revealing the diamond’s fire and brilliance. Clean your diamonds regularly, either at home or at your trusted jeweler.
- Keep jewelry away from chlorine bleach or other chemicals that can pit or discolor the mounting. Do not wear your diamond jewelry in chlorinated pools or hot tubs. The chlorine will not harm your diamond, but will discolor the mounting and your platinum, white gold, or even gold wedding band.
- Speaking of pools, it’s also recommended to take off your diamond ring when swimming oceans, lakes, or ponds. For one, cold water “shrinks” your fingers, making it that much easier for an already loose engagement ring to disappear during a swim
- Take advantage of your jeweler’s free cleaning and inspection programs they may offer. It’s good to evaluate if your diamond has become loose from its setting or may need resizing.
Chances are high that you likely got the latest smartphone, watch, or automated technology during the holiday season. Unfortunately, these great gifts won’t last forever. Technology goes through many updates and soon your treasured present will be obsolete.
Think of how many times you have bought the newest smartphone — it adds up, doesn’t it? Instead of running out to buy another tablet or laptop for your significant other, choose something that will last generations. Diamond jewelry is the perfect way to say that your love is timeless. From diamond engagement rings to bracelets, earrings and other pieces of fashion jewelry, the right fashion piece never goes out of style and never has to be upgraded.
It’s no wonder that millennials are buying diamonds more than any other generation. In last summer’s De Beers Diamond Insight Report, research showed that millennials bought $26 billion in diamond jewelry in 2015, acquiring more than their parents or even grandparents. In 2015, millennials’ purchases comprised 45 percent of retail diamond sales in four key markets (U.S., China, Japan, and India), and 41 percent in the U.S. alone.
While you might think that the younger generations are not interested in diamonds, millennials realize that diamond jewelry is truly a gift that lasts a lifetime. There is a significant “bang for your buck” factor when purchasing a gift that can be passed down through generations. That’s pretty smart thinking!
Want to own your own piece of timeless beauty? Stop by Master Jewelers Indiana and take a look at a piece that will stand the test of time. The right jewelry can do that, and shows them that you care about them in a way that will never go out of fashion and that will never need to be updated. It’s a simple investment that will last forever.
De Beers Diamond Insight Report
There are lots of things you need to know about finding the right diamond for your engagement ring, but diamonds have their own fun and interesting facts that you may not know about. It’s no wonder diamonds have been coveted for centuries by kings, queens, and mythological gods. These fun facts show you just how truly unique diamonds are in this world.
- The diamond is more than a billion years old. The Earth is estimated at 4.5 billion years old. The oldest diamonds are believed to have been crystallized around 3.3 Billion years ago. Diamonds were first discovered in India, and then subsequently in Brazil.
- Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on earth. In fact, diamonds are so hard that the only thing that can scratch a diamond is another diamond. Diamonds also have a high melting point (3547℃ / 6420℉) and boiling point (4827℃/ 8720℉). Diamonds form about 90 to 120 miles beneath the earth’s surface and are carried to the surface by volcanic eruptions.
- Diamonds are made of only one element: carbon. Under the immense heat and pressure far below the earth’s surface, the carbon atoms bond in a unique way that results in diamonds’ beautiful and rare crystalline structure.
- Diamonds come in every color. The color of a diamond is usually pale yellow to colorless, but can also be brown, blue, green, orange, red, pink and black
- Scientists have discovered a planet that they believe is composed mostly of carbon, and is one-third pure diamond. Discovered in 2004, the planet orbits a nearby star in the Milky Way. Perhaps even more amazing is that scientists have discovered a star that is essentially a diamond of ten billion trillion trillion carats. They named the star “Lucy” after the Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”
If you want to learn more about diamonds, ask your local jeweler about the diamonds you’re interested in purchasing for your jewelry pieces.