Ever wonder how jewelry is made? Well, you are in luck. At Master Jewelers Indiana, we think every piece of jewelry should be unique to your taste and style. Our custom jewelry design team has the ability to bring any jewelry design to life. Jewelry is a priceless token to cherish and celebrate loved ones and moments.
The expert jewelry artisans at Master Jewelers understand the intricate process and details that go into designing that special piece of jewelry. There are many benefits to custom creating your own jewelry rather than just having a unique piece. Here are a few reasons why custom jewelry design might be right for you.
- Jewelry doesn’t have to be irreplaceable- Losing jewelry is a major concern for many when purchasing or inheriting an heirloom. Custom designing your jewelry gives you the power to duplicate any design or recreate any of your favored pieces of jewelry. Whether this a brand new design or is your grandmother’s old wedding ring, we have the ability to recreate a beautiful masterpiece before it is too late. This is done during the sketch phase of our intricate design process.
- See it before it is made- Part of designing jewelry is getting to see it before it delivered to make sure every detail is right where you want it. Our second phase of custom designing jewelry is to handcraft a wax model to replicate the feeling and size of the piece you are designing. At Master Jewelers, our jewelry craftsman has over 20 years of experience to go along with the state of the art design studio.
- Choose your Metal– Once the design is complete and we have perfected your design replica, we begin the manufacturing process by casting the metal of your choice. This is a very detailed and time-consuming part of the design as it is the foundation for your beautiful piece. This is where our craftsmen truly get to show off their skill and talent from years of experience.
- The Grand Finale– Finishing and setting the stones is just as important as building the foundation of the design. This is the final step that will leave you with a final product. Everything should be perfect. The craftsmen will pay close attention to details to anything misplaced or loose. You can bet a full inspection will be repeated as the craftsman will walk you through your perfect piece.
Master Jewelers believes it is important to share their love and craft for jewelry. You will be apart of your design every step of the way.
Want to learn more about our custom jewelry design? Please join us for a “Behind the Scenes” tour on November 24th from 11 am to 1 pm.
Fall Season is in the air. October is the official month when autumn is in full effect. The leaves begin to change and fall to the ground, and the trends of fashion changes with the cool crisp air. Master Jewelers attended the JCK in Las Vegas, a fine jewelry trade show. It is a convention where all key players in the fine jewelry industry come together to share designs, techniques, and upcoming trends.
Contemporary and fine jewelry both have different trends and styles; they use throughout different seasons. While contemporary is usually people’s go to because of the lower cost assumption, you would be surprised to know that there are many affordable, quality fine jewelry piece to fit into your fall collection. Jewelry trade shows like JCK help educate people on different ways to obtain a piece that they would love and have with a budget price range.
The Fall 2018 Fine Jewelry Fashion Trends bring back classic gemstones like the Pearl and Jade. Let look at a few must-haves this Autumn.
- Pearls are making a comeback. While many of us think of Jackie O’s timeless usage of pearls to accent her stylish ways, these fall designs are looking to be more modern flirty. Using Pearls in irregular design and really showcasing the beauty of the stone.
- Colored Gemstones- This Fall is all about vibrant colors. The gemstone’s color is the focal point of the designs combined with complementing metals to accentuate the colors of autumn. Add brilliant colored gemstones to your collections. Alternatively, be creative with your birthstone.
- Thicker Chains – Designers are making bold statements this fall with more brilliant colors. Thicker chains have made their way back to décolletage fashion. While the dainty layered necklace look is coined classic, the thicker chain showcase your confident fashion statement
- Jade jewelry to change your energy and style – Jade has gained its popularity through Feng Shui and holistic benefits. This fall 2018, you can harmonize your fashion with Jade jewelry. While the gemstone has been around for centuries, many still found themselves still in love with the energetic gem. It can surely provide a sense of peace to your fashion this fall.
Many love to propose to their loved ones during their favorite holiday season. It is a unique and thoughtful way to say I know you. One of the best times for family and friends to celebrate their bond. A convenient way to get the family involved without making them suspicious of any surprise.
Halloween season is an early Christmas for some. If your loved ones love Halloween, proposing with some Halloween fun maybe exactly what they have been dreaming of.
Let’s take a look at a few fun ways you can incorporate the spooky holiday with the popping the big question.
- Pumpkin Fun- Halloween season is one of the prettiest times of the year. It is celebrated in Fall Season. As green leaves take their color to change into various illuminating colors, it can set a magical setting to get your loved one to say ‘YES”. The pumpkin patch is a great setting to get family and friends involved and incorporate the beauty of Fall. If you are looking for a more private setting, why not include home pumpkin carving with your proposal.
- Sweetly Spell it out with Candy- Candy is a representation of Halloween, specifically favorites like candy corn and chocolates. There is nothing like seeing “Will you marry Me?” spelt out with your favorite sweets. It’s no longer just the thought, but the creative time put in making sure the moment is perfect and everything your loved one dreamt of it to be.
- Corn Maze of Love– A recent Halloween favorite is corn mazes. Many flock to enjoy a fun-filled night of trying to find their way through the human maze. It truly an amazing experience of fun. Work with the corn maze company to help capture your special moment and make it a success for you and your loved one. It will be a magical moment to remember.
- Spooky Engagement Rings – Design an engagement ring to fit the theme of your proposal and love together. Use dark gems like black onyx, diamonds, and sapphires with mixed match color metals. Custom designing jewelry is easy and a great way to present a love that is one of a kind.
Master Jewelers has over 15 years custom designing engagement jewelry. Visit our Indiana location or online, and let us help you design a Halloween to remember.
In this selfie age, pictures from our phone’s camera sweep across our social media pages. Millions of user hashtag #jewelry in hope of sharing their artistic creation with a sole aim of getting likes in exchange for promoting a specific piece or brand. Jewelry is more than just a materialistic item; it is an expression of personality, moments cherished and love shared. It is only natural that people take to social media to post images that share a story of their lives.
Taking a picture of your jewelry using a smartphone seems so easy and basic. It is believed that capturing pictures is as accessible as your smartphone, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. In trying to capture the true beauty of your piece in a photo, there are few tips or guidelines that you should consider before hiring that final share button.
- Check your smartphone camera settings: Setting up your camera phone is important to capture a complimenting picture. Do not use zoom or flash. Zoom will distort the image and pixelation causing a blurry, unflattering photo. Flash will flatten out your jewelry design. External light is recommended for jewelry rather than direct light from the flash.
- Prepare your jewelry: It is essential to properly prepare your jewelry before taking a picture. It doesn’t matter what settings or camera you use. You need to clean and stage-create your jewelry. Firstly, clean and polish your jewelry or better yet make it professionally cleaned. Not only will your jewelry be picture perfect it will also preserve its originality. Secondly, strategically place your items, previewing any special features like gemstones, stamps etc. Make sure it’s best assets are represented. Whatever stage background you use must compliment the colors of your piece.
- Use light appropriate to the environment: Lighting is everything. It is what helps capture the shine and glitter within the image. External shooting in the shade is a better option. Sounds absurd, but surprisingly you will get a natural light that won’t leave a glare or sharp contrast. You can also use the direct sunlight in addition to a white backdrop or foil to bounce the sunlight on to the piece.
- Steady Camera hands: Setting up your perfect picture scene is only half of the process. Taking a quality picture is the other half. Make sure you snap the right angles and get a clear and clean view of the item.
The Sapphire is the month of September’s birthstone. The name Sapphire is Greek for the color blue, which at first glance couldn’t be more fitting. However, is a wrong assumption that blue is the “only” color of a Sapphire Gem. Sapphires come in an array of colors from the rainbow. While the blue colored Sapphire is more commonly known and worn, the rare pink colored corundum is just as prestigious. White Sapphires are also rare yet popularly common.
The blue-violet stone has been around for centuries worn by some of the most nobles figures throughout our history and time. Sapphires are found all over the world, but regions of eastern Australia, Myanmar, Kashmir, and Sri-Lanka know to home next to perfect Sapphires. The purer blue of the gem, the higher the cost of the Sapphire. However many of us tend to favor the deeper blue gemstones.
The cost of a natural (Blue) Sapphire varies on different intricate detail.
The Sapphire is a tough and durable gem, and its strength matches its beauty. The Sapphire and Ruby gemstones are the only two corundum (rock-forming mineral), however, the only other gemstone stronger than a Sapphire is the Diamond. The gemstone is mined out of alluvial deposits primarily underground. Sapphire commercial mining locations can be found in various countries, like Afghanistan, Australia, China, Nepal, Thailand, USA, and several others. Each Sapphire is different depending on the region it was birthed. Each gem’s value is not guaranteed to based on the region of origin.
Sapphires represent honesty, loyalty, purity, and trust. Their beauty is widely respected as much as their value. Master Jewelers has been buying and crafting jewelry from Sapphires for almost 20 years. When buying any fine jewelry or gemstones it is recommended to use a jeweler you can trust. Check out our collection of Sapphires. Some are from our exclusive designers while others have been custom designers by Master Jeweler’s expert artisans. Visit us online or visit our Indianapolis location near you.
Summer is coming to an end and school is now back in session.
What better way than to start off the new year with a new piece of jewelry?! Whether it is a gift for teacher appreciation or starting a new collegiate journey, landmark the start of a new chapter with a piece to remember it by.
It is not a secret that most teachers are overworked and underpaid, yet responsible for the development of our children. Our future. Striving for excellence many teacher’s journeys is a continuous process that comes with perseverance and extensive training. They deserve to be showered with jewelry. If you have a loved one starting their teaching journey customize a charm bracelet, they can add to as they accomplish their goals throughout their career. Bracelets are a piece of jewelry naturally worn daily and can represent inspiration those tough teacher days. Teachers are not the only ones whom can enjoy jewelry this going back to school season.
At the beginning of summer, many seniors said Goodbye to high school forever and are now entering the college world of adulthood. This is where they will continue to transform into themselves as an adult. This is definitely a time in your college freshman’s life that should be cherished and remembered. A great way to celebrate this next chapter is to custom design a piece to signify this life-changing event. It may even be a new start of a family tradition. Pass down this token from generation to generation as an heirloom. This special gift can also act as a reminder they are never too far from home. And they have someone who loves them rooting from afar.
Start your new journey this back to school season.
Spoil yourself with new jewelry! It is nice to accomplish something and be able to reward yourself as a job well done.
At Master Jewelers, we want to help you create and cherish this special moment with the people you love. Positive reinforcements are a great way to ensure anyone’s success. We have an array of selection to choose from. Our team of experts artisan are standing by waiting to help you design the perfect back to school piece.
We all have those epic vacations that leave a special place in our hearts and change us forever. These trips are more than a vacation but an experience. They represent a new start or a closing of a chapter because you will never be the same.
Traveling is a chance for many to grow, make memories and accomplish dreams. No matter the reason for your trip, every adventure is never the same. Finding the right keepsake to represent the epic trip can be a challenge because it represents the precious memories made with friends and family or a loved one. The goal of a souvenir is to keep your memories of the trip alive, and Sometimes a T-shirt or airport knickknacks just isn’t enough to represent your voyage. Let’s look at a few different trips and why jewelry is the best souvenir.
Celebrating each other and your love is the main reason many couples embark on a romantic getaway. The best love stories are the stories left told by your loved ones. So many souvenirs end up buried in a closet or forgotten by the time we unpack them. Shot glasses break; T-shirts will fade or end up in a box somewhere because you can’t bring yourself to throw away the memories made. However, just like your love is forever so is jewelry. Update your original wedding set with an additional engraved wedding band to remember your adventure together. You can create a new family heirloom from the love and memories made by you and your partner. It is a great way to honor not only the love you share but an amazing story.
Perhaps the best keepsakes are the pieces designed to take an essence of paradise with you. This is something you will share with your friends and family, who you now hold a tighter bond with. Sure everyone can take a bottle of sand but finding a unique way to represent your bond is next to priceless. Unify your friendship or family ties by custom designing a piece of jewelry that will connect everyone to the time spent together.
These trips are usually the most inspirational. Mainly because this is where you learn about you by spending time with yourself. This time is so important to your personal growth and may even stimulate a change. Jewelry is the best souvenir for these trips because you can take it everywhere! It can be an everyday piece of jewelry like a bracelet or ring to draw inspiration and motivation through your day-to-day life.
Souvenirs capture precious memories made. Jewelry allows that one in a lifetime experience to be cherished for a lifetime. At Masters Jewelers, our expert team of artisans will help you find or create the perfect piece to represent your trip of a lifetime. Contact us today, we would love to hear all about your travels.
Too often we forget to tell the ones we love how much we appreciate them. It isn’t until a common holiday or special event do we take the time to tell the ones most important to us we care. The originality of the “thought” has almost become extinct because of our fast-paced lives. Nothing says I love you more than gifting that special someone a new piece of jewelry out of the blue to add to their collection.
Custom design may sound scarily expensive and assumed to need a special event to create such an iconic piece of jewelry. Truth is, those are myths. Custom design gives you control of the cost while we account for every detail to complete your vision. We have an innovative custom design process that will deliver your message through any created piece. Custom jewelry is a one of a kind piece made from your heart with the creative help of a passionate design team. Designing a gift is always a great choice, but it isn’t your only option.
The initial thought behind any piece of jewelry makes it unique. Ever see a piece a jewelry and instantly think of someone you love?! Master Jewelers carries a wide range of designer collections with something for everyone. There is nothing generic about any of these pieces. In fact, we choose designers that create distinct collections from originality and love. With over 20 years of experience, our team will help connect you and your message to a piece that feels like it was made specifically for your loved one.
Jewelry is more than a material item at cost value. It is the dawn of a new heirloom; it is a piece of memory as a reminder to a specific time. Nothing is more customized or unique than just because to reference a memorable time in life. Celebrating or cherishing a bond with a lover, mother or father on a holiday is fun, but taking unscheduled time out of your busy schedule just to Say I Love You….Priceless!
Father’s day is dedicated to celebrating the love, sacrifices and hard work from the father figures in our lives. We use this special day to appreciate all of their selfless actions that help guide us through life. By definition, a father is a person who fills that role in your life.
Finding the perfect gift can be tricky. You want it to resemble the immense love in your heart while matching your pocketbook. It has to be something they will adore and cherish like you cherish them.
Jewelry is not just for mothers. It is a great option for a father’s day gift too. Whether it is your father, husband, or brother, there are so many pieces to choose from ranging in design and price. It is a keepsake that will last for years to come.
Here are a few tips to remember this Father’s day from our team at Master Jewelers.
- Make it something he can use. Dads are constantly doing things for us. The best gift you can get him is something he will use often, if not daily. For example, cuff links are a great reminder he is loved on those hard days at the office.
- Just for him. World’s greatest dad, just isn’t a big enough title on a day when everyone else is claiming their dad to be the same. One of the hardest things on holiday’s like father’s day is finding a one of kind gift. Something that no one else has to represent the special bond you share with your dad. Customize your next father’s day gift.
- Dads deserve rings too. Nothing to say I love you more that getting your father a ring. Mother’s day is filled with rings for a mom, so why not for a dad too?! Get him a band of his favorite metal or add birthstones. It all depends on what you think would best suit your dad.
- Keep it simple. Remember no matter how much you want to show your love for your father, this is for them. Enough times we get caught up in the moment and buy something resembling our love versus what our father may like. Buy him something to fit his personality. Just because a silver bracelet price matches your love doesn’t mean it’s the right gift for your dad. Nothing says I love you more than I pay attention.
Father’s day is more than money spent on materialistic items. Truth is your father will love anything you get him. He will cherish it as much as your first picture drawing or lost tooth because you gave it to him. Spend more time with him and less shopping for him. Let our expert team at Master Jewelers guide you through the thoughtful process. With over 20 years of experience, they will streamline your experience and leave nothing to question. We understand the time spent with your father is the most important part of his day. Come to visit us today or check us out online.
The holiday season each year is the perfect time to slow down, break routine and spend time with loved ones, friends and family. For many, the holiday season is a chance to create one-of-a-kind memories, taking a break from the hustle and bustle of the year. Work schedules slow down and family and friend gatherings become the season highlight. Whether you have family traditions, go skiing, cook made-from-scratch meals, or something in between, the holiday season is the perfect time to piece together unique memories that you will cherish for a lifetime.
One great way to create one-of-a-kind memories during the holiday season is through gifting one-of-a-kind gifts. Perhaps, one of the most unique gifts you could give is a custom designed piece of jewelry. Custom jewelry is something that loved ones can hang on to for years, and even pass it on. When it comes to gifting a piece of jewelry designed specifically for your loved one, he or she will feel special knowing that their creation is unlike anything else in the world.
Plus, with a custom designed piece of jewelry, you avoid the long lines and mass chaos of big box stores. At Master Jewelers, we have an expert artisan jeweler sit down with you one-on-one to discuss your options and what you are looking for in a ring. Our experts bring your thoughts and drawings to life, walking you through the process of designing a custom piece step-by-step.
In fact, Master Jewelers offers what many other jewelers don’t when it comes to custom design. First, we offer a personal touch. Nothing in our custom design process is mass assembled. We tailor the creation experience to you and your individual wants and needs. We also offer custom in house design studio and are able to do all of our work in house. You can have a peace of mind knowing that we are personally overseeing every little detail, and not shipping it out like many other jewelers do.
In addition to our one-of-a-kind creations we make through our custom design offering, we have a unique level of commitment and engagement with the local Indianapolis, Indiana community. At Master Jewelers, we give back to our community, because we as a local business, are passionate about investing in the lives of those around us. We currently support through local charities and are always looking for ways to pass it on.
This holiday season, consider the gift of custom designed jewelry. Custom design makes a statement that your loved one is unique and cherished. Custom jewelry allows you to put your personal touch on the gift and make it truly special. The moment your loved one opens that box, the one-of-a-kind memory making will begin.
Interested in starting the custom design process? Talk to one of our expert jewelry artisans today. You can reach us online or stop by our showroom in Indianapolis. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have and walk you through each step in the process to create a personalized masterpiece. We are a jewelry committed to gifting unique pieces and giving back this holiday season.