Is your ring too snug? Or does it constantly falls off your hand? Don’t worry, Master Jewelers Indiana has got you covered for all your ring resizing needs in 2017. Our jewelers know there are a few things you should keep in mind about ring resizing before visiting any jewelry repair specialist. For years, Master Jewelers has provided Indianapolis residents with reliable and affordable jewelry repairs and a wide selection of engagement rings for your perfect proposal. Get 2017 started off right by finally getting your ring in for its resizing. Below is our list of three things you need to know before you take your ring in:
- Increasing your ring size takes time. To make your ring larger, jewelers have to cut the back of the ring and spread the band apart as needed for a proper fit. Once the band is spread, they will add more metal to fill in the gap.
- Making your ring size smaller is easier. Making a ring smaller is a fairly easy process compared to making it larger. When a ring is made smaller, the jeweler usually cuts out a small portion of the band and joins the pieces back together again.
- Expect a weak spot after resizing. The portion of the band that was cut will become weaker once the ring is soldered back together. This part of the ring can be vulnerable to cracks and breaks if you apply too much pressure. Master Jewelers Indiana will do everything in their power to ensure your ring is durable and can withstand daily wear and tear. They’ll also provide maintenance tips on how to keep your ring in top condition.
- Understand the limitations. If you need to increase or decrease the ring by more than two sizes, you run the risk of damaging the ring. Additionally, some metals such as titanium, stainless steel, and tungsten, are too hard for jewelers to manipulate.
- Get a consultation. If you aren’t sure whether or not your ring can be resized, visit Master Jewelers for help. Our jewelers will examine your ring and walk you through your options, including a price quote.